Don’t Touch My Records! - Diner (by senorrogers)
So this is a cataloging librarian’s worst nightmare (or an anal-retentive husband’s), but this is such a great scene with a young Ellen Barkin and Daniel Stern.
SHREVIE: Have you been playing my records?
BETH: Yeah, so?
SHREVIE: So didn’t I tell you the procedure?
BETH: Yeah you told me all about it Shrevie, they have to be in alphabetical order.
SHREVIE: And what else?
BETH: Ugh they have to be filed alphabetically and according to year is what, ok?
SHREVIE: And what else? What else?
BETH: I don’t know.
SHREVIE: You don’t know. Well let me give you a hint, ok? I found my James Brown record filed under the “J”s, instead of the “B”s. I don’t know who taught you to alphabetize. But to top it off he’s in the rock and roll section instead of the R&B section. How could you do that?
BETH: It’s too complicated Shrevie. See, every time I pull out a record there’s this whole procedure I have to go through. I just want to hear the music, that’s all.
- hq76o261984 likes this
- mrsunderhill reblogged this from libraryjournal and added:
- drwhoismyboyfriend likes this
- valerieclaires likes this
- somervillepubliclibraryfriends likes this
- djtitzmcgee reblogged this from libraryjournal
- djtitzmcgee likes this
- mypinkretrorocket likes this
- sandunicorn reblogged this from libraryjournal
- oxfordcommas likes this
- multitudesofcontradictions likes this
- scsdmedia likes this
- carmelissa reblogged this from libraryjournal
- mazzyfield likes this
- themonicabird likes this
- talesfromthebiscuittin reblogged this from libraryjournal and added:
- talesfromthebiscuittin likes this
- bookgeekdom reblogged this from libraryjournal
- nwkarchivist likes this
- libraryjournal reblogged this from willywaldo and added:
- ghostsista likes this
- shayera-librarian reblogged this from willywaldo
- willywaldo posted this